After the chill of this particular winter season, including the Texas Freeze in February, it’s a great time to thaw out and enjoy Galveston’s sunshine this Spring Break. Here is a bucket list of “must-dos” in Galveston during your Spring Break vacation.
1. Take a ride on the Galaxy Ferris Wheel at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier. The Pleasure Pier offers a total of 16 rides, a midway, and tons of food options. You’ll love the view from this 100-foot tall Galaxy Ferris Wheel. And, if you’re there in the evening, the LED light show on the ride adds to the fun. The picture is definitely Instagram worthy. And, for the adventurous, take a ride on the Cyclone. It’s a 60-foot tall looping coaster that travels 25 mph.
2. Enjoy a Bonfire at the Beach. As a guest of Ryson Vacation Rentals, you have access to Gulf Coast Concierge. So, yes, you can enjoy a bonfire at the beach without all the work. Book a 3-hour bonfire package and Gulf Coast Concierge provides tiki torches, chairs, cornhole and speakers for your music plus s’mores. You’ll remember this for years to come.
3. Go for a Harbor Cruise. The great thing about taking a harbor cruise in Galveston is you’re likely to see a dolphin. And, Galveston is home to several tour options. On the west end of the island, Suntastic Adventures operates out of West End Marina in Sea Isle and, in town, you’ll find Galveston Harbor Tours, Galveston Water Adventures and Baywatch Dolphin Tours at Pier 21. Make sure you have cell phones ready for dolphin sightings.
4. Beachcombing at the beach. Set your alarm to wake up early for beachcombing on the beach. Check the times for low tide and head out beforehand to take full advantage of peak beachcombing. Tip: A full moon yields the lowest tides each month. Bring a mesh waterproof bag for your finds. If you want to preserve your shells, soak them in a water-bleach mixture. Check our beach and surf cam for ideas.
5. Learn a new water sport. Have you ever tried standup paddleboarding? How about surfing? Here’s a local tip: Standup paddleboarding is much easier on the bay side versus the beach side in Galveston if its windy. There’s several companies that offer rentals with delivery as well as a quick tutorial. Check with Gulf Coast Concierge for details.
Make the most of these travel tips and enjoy your next getaway in Galveston. Ryson Vacation Rentals offers more than 200 properties across the island that provide plenty of reasons to visit Galveston during spring break. If you need help planning your visit, Gulf Coast Concierge is available to help.